10 Steps Toward an Amazing Life
Have you ever asked yourself "Is this all there is?"
You may be settling for a mediocre existence, and your inner wisdom is hinting that there is more for you. Whether or not you’re ready to take on a big adventure, there are things you can do now that will dramatically affect the quality of your daily life.
What if it were as simple as 10 Steps Toward An Amazing Life? In my work as a coach, I've learned a few things about creating a fulfilling life. Your best life doesn't automatically occur. You will actually have to take some action. Go figure!
Here's how to create a more satisfying life:
1. Choose to take personal responsibility. Many of us are dissatisfied with one part of our life or another. The truth is that we have created our present conditions. Everything in our life is created by us, we gain power by knowing we can create something different. If you want to know what you’re committed to, look at your life. Your commitments show up, whether they are intentional or not. Take personal responsibility, removing victim thoughts from your consciousness to gain power around building the life you want. Be accountable to yourself.
2. Commit to communicating fiercely. So many of us avoid speaking the truth, fearing we will be judged for our opinion, or we’ll hurt someone’s feelings. Be fearless in your communication! The truth is so liberating! The energy it takes to be less than straightforward is enormous! Life gets easier when you accept the truth – in your life, and in the way you communicate. Have those difficult conversations, and you will be amazed at what gets created.
3. Remember that you were born to create! You were given all the talent and tools you need to create your dream life! As a child, you were always in the world of creation -- building things, imagining things, painting, drawing, coloring, pretending. When we grow up, we get serious. We think creation is for writers, artists, musicians. The fact is that creation is for all of us. You are worthy of creation – in fact, you were born for it. Focus on what you can create rather than what you lack -- and start painting, writing, acting -- whatever your spirit is calling you to do. It’s in you, I promise.
4. Remember that life is fluid change. If you don’t like something right now, wait a few minutes – it will change! Open your mind to new possibilities and be aware of what might be right in front of you. Change is something you can count on, and it's filled with opportunities for an even more amazing life.
5. Be willing to take risks. William Shedd said, “A ship is safe in the harbor, but that’s not what ships were built for.” We are all meant to make a difference with our life. Once we commit to something, God and the universe will support us. Use your God-given intellect to make rational decisions. Don't allow the emotion of fear to cloud your decision to act. Step past your comfort zone.
6. Bring your “A” Game every single day. Do the best you can do in every situation and stop making excuses. Own your life, and the action you take to make it great. Think Bigger – add increase to every part of your day. Serve others, and create value in those lives you touch. You never know how much time you have left to leave your legacy – today matters. Live with that certainty.
7. As long as you’re playing with your “A” game, remember to have fun! Life doesn’t have to be taken so seriously all the time. Lighten up! Belly laugh every day, making fun a priority. A well developed sense of humor goes a long way to creating an extraordinary life.
8. Limit exposure to news media. Media is supported by our need for drama. Fear is part of the programming to create drama. Fear sells – in the form of listeners and viewers – which translates to advertising dollars. Don’t believe everything that is reported, because all news is reported with some bias. Be a critical thinker, and if you must consume news, be sure to consume from several different sources and never just before bed. You must protect the information that goes into your subconscious mind at all costs. Allow good stuff in, and bad stuff in limited quantities.
9. Take care of YOU first. You have a lot of responsibility. You take care of a lot of people, and your body carries you around for so many important things. Just like the flight attendants will tell you – place the oxygen mask over yourself first, then help others. Do things that make you happy, and make them a priority. Nurture your mind by reading and listening to powerful audio programs. Nurture your body by getting the right amount of sleep, eating well, and moving every day. Nurture your spirit by deepening your faith and connecting to source through prayer and meditation. Take care of YOU, because in the end, you’re all you have.
10. Decide you're worthy. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in all of us. This thought was inspired by one of my favorite quotes by Marianne Williamson:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
These 10 Steps Toward an Amazing Life will at least move you in the right direction. Liberating others, as I know from experience, leads to a truly amazing life. It's true that we are all meant to shine, and if you let your inner guidance system lead the way, you'll find the joyful life you're seeking. You've got this.
Contact Coach Charrise by calling 574.971.5234, emailing [email protected], or completing the form below:
[contact-form-7 id="2746" title="Contact form 1"]